Date Posted: 6/11/2019
Office/region: Atlanta, GA / Fort Worth, TX
Practice Group: Certification, Compliance, Quality & Safety
Reports to: Vice President
The Airport Operations Specialist will primarily work with air carriers to assist with operational changes driven by regulatory requirements or operational necessity. As such, CAVOK provides comprehensive technical advisory support and services that relate to safe, reliable and cost-effective operations in the sector. The Airport Operations Specialist is a subject matter expert with extensive experience in sector operations and infrastructure. Knowledge of industry or cross industry best practices, process evaluation/improvement methodologies, and project management are important competencies as well.
- Editing and standardizing new and revised technical and /or operational manuals according to applicable air carrier policies and procedures, applicable country regulations, and customer specifications
- The development and analysis of air carrier processes using Safety Management System (SMS) principles
- Creating operational processes for air carrier operations which include the elements of SMS
- Writing technical documentation that is accurate, complete, and complies with standards for quality, format, and style
- Facilitating client work sessions and meetings with attendees varying from line workers to senior management
- Presenting solutions while creating positive customer interfaces
- Receiving customer feedback on effectiveness of services and products
Education and Experience:
- Five years or more experience in airline airport operations, including both above and below the wing operations
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or combination of commensurate work experience
- Formal training in project management, planning, and process improvement methodologies is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Adobe FrameMaker
- Pertinent sector licensing and/or ratings
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to write and review technical documents for clarity and grammar and to comply with defined technical writing standards as well as applicable regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Working with the FAA to coordinate the implementation of new processes and procedures
- Possess understanding of regulatory requirements for airport operations
- Possess strong generalist knowledge of all airline functions and the interrelationships between these functional areas
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills as demonstrated in the ability to design, structure and organize airline processes and procedures, to manual content, to generation of well-structured proposals and presentations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, Adobe and/or XML languages
- Comprehensive knowledge of airline operational manuals, control documents, terms, programs and regulations
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to interface professionally, credibly and objectively with colleagues and clients
- Customer service oriented with ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing work environment
- Must be able to travel up to 4 days a week both within the United States and internationally, as required based on project assignment
- Team player
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Resourceful; able to solve problems with minimal supervision
- Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy and quality
How to Apply:
- Please send CV and cover letter to: CAVOK
- To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: @CAVOKgroup. www.cavokgroup.com/careers
With more than 2,900 professionals in over 40 cities around the globe, Oliver Wyman is the leading management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. The firm helps clients optimize their businesses, improve their operations and risk profile and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is part of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC].
Oliver Wyman’s Aviation, Aerospace & Defense practice works with OEM’s, commercial passenger and cargo carriers, MRO’s other service providers, and government entities to develop and implement business growth strategies, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize organizational engagements for aviation, aerospace, and defense clients over the past five years, and have consulted to nearly three quarters of the Fortune 500 firms in these sectors. The practice serves the industry worldwide with consultants based in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.