Date Posted: 5/10/2019
Office/region: Atlanta, GA
Practice Group: MRO Strategy & Market Intelligence
Reports to: Vice President
CAVOK provides technical consulting and services to the aviation, rail, and energy sectors. A CAVOK Manager will often relate to one of the sectors but multi-sector experience is a plus. As such, CAVOK provides comprehensive technical advisory support and services that relate to safe, reliable, and cost-effective operations in the sector. As a member of the betterinsight™ aviation market intelligence team, the Technical Analyst will play a critical role in supporting CAVOK and Oliver Wyman’s efforts to develop and implement key strategic intelligence, data reporting, and analyses.
- Work closely and productively within a team to achieve established goals
- Become familiar with commercial air transport industry data sources and issues
- Collect and summarize market insights about economies, airports, airlines, and policies
- Analyze key drivers and trends of the commercial air transport industry, particularly the Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) business within it
- Research historical data to map trends and determine how they will influence the industry in the future
- Undertake complex quantitative, qualitative, strategic and financial analysis through a variety of activities which include:
- Primary and secondary research
- Model building
- Analyzing client data
- Evaluating improvement initiatives
- Manipulate large amounts of data and present findings in a cohesive manner
- Assist in developing and maintaining Oliver Wyman’s commercial air transport forecast models
- Assist in long-term client engagements primarily revolving around market sizing, strategic planning, and merger and acquisition due diligence
- Assist in developing client deliverables
- Assist in developing internal and public facing presentations for CAVOK and Oliver Wyman
- Assist in developing internal and public facing publications for CAVOK and Oliver Wyman
- Assist in developing full articles and interview responses for commercial aviation magazines and journals from around the world
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong interest in the aviation industry
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint in particular)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
How to Apply:
- Please send CV and cover letter to: CAVOK
- To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: @CAVOKgroup. www.cavokgroup.com/careers
With more than 2,900 professionals in over 40 cities around the globe, Oliver Wyman is the leading management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. The firm helps clients optimize their businesses, improve their operations and risk profile and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is part of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC].
Oliver Wyman’s Aviation, Aerospace & Defense practice works with OEM’s, commercial passenger and cargo carriers, MRO’s other service providers, and government entities to develop and implement business growth strategies, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize organizational engagements for aviation, aerospace, and defense clients over the past five years, and have consulted to nearly three quarters of the Fortune 500 firms in these sectors. The practice serves the industry worldwide with consultants based in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.