Date Posted: 5/10/2019
Office/region: Fort Worth, TX; Atlanta, GA
Practice Group: Operational Improvement
Reports to: Vice President
CAVOK provides technical consulting and services to the aviation, rail, and energy sectors. A CAVOK Manager will often relate to one of the sectors but multi-sector experience is a plus. As such, CAVOK provides comprehensive technical advisory support and services that relate to safe, reliable, and cost-effective operations in the sector. The successful candidate will be working with or leading high impact teams in support of our contractual deliverables related to OWC’s Operational Improvement & PMO Focus Area. This Focus Area stresses operations benchmarking assessments, transformation and operations improvement project management disciplines, and formal Continuous Improvement / LEAN training and implementation.
- Support the delivery of client requirements in a client-facing capacity as detailed in the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Facilitate, delegate, and motivate cross-functional organizations, to include client teams to ensure the project is successfully completed
- Assess/evaluate existing heavy industry operations across multiple parameters (e.g. production, maintenance, design, administrative) and design solutions to improve performance in all key measurable respects (e.g. reliability, cycle time, quality, financial, etc.)
- Provide specialized technical knowledge, program management expertise, communication, leadership, and presentation skills to the client and team members to meet and or exceed our customer's expectation of our deliverables
- Two plus years of experience leading a workstream or in a full project management capacity across multiple departments/organizations, both internal and external
- Minimum of four years of engineering or technical trade experience related to either Aviation/Aerospace/Defenseor Rail business sectors
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering or a Technical Bachelor degree in Aviation, Supply Chain, Operational, Transportation or similar.
- Exposure with change management/facilitation, enterprise communication and training
- Exposure to change management/facilitation, enterprise communication, and training
- Experience with business process/system mapping and analysis, with Value Stream Mapping and Theory of Constraints experience preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in facilitating, delegating, and motivating cross functional groups or activities, particularly in client workshop settings
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Demonstrate initiative and critical thinking
- Ability to provide technical support to the clients and regulators
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multi-functional project teams
- Effective client interface and management skills
- Customer service oriented with ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing work environment
- Must be able to interface professionally, credibly and objectively with colleagues and clients
- Team player
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Resourceful; able to solve problems with minimal supervision
- Exhibits attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy and quality
- Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project proficiency
- Preferred experience with Smartsheet and Microsoft Power BI
- Continuous Improvement qualifications preferred (e.g. Greenbelt, Blackbelt, LEAN Master, etc.)
- Certified Project Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
How to Apply:
- Please send CV and cover letter to: CAVOK
- To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: @CAVOKgroup. www.cavokgroup.com/careers
With more than 2,900 professionals in over 40 cities around the globe, Oliver Wyman is the leading management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. The firm helps clients optimize their businesses, improve their operations and risk profile and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is part of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC].
For more information, visit cavok.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman’s Aviation, Aerospace & Defense practice works with OEM’s, commercial passenger and cargo carriers, MRO’s other service providers, and government entities to develop and implement business growth strategies, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize organizational engagements for aviation, aerospace, and defense clients over the past five years, and have consulted to nearly three quarters of the Fortune 500 firms in these sectors. The practice serves the industry worldwide with consultants based in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.