His specific area of focus is aircraft technical operations and the commercial aircraft aftermarket, working for leading OEMs, MROs, airlines and financial services firms focused on these sectors. His work includes air carrier and MRO regulatory certification, MRO and OEM aftermarket strategy development, operational and supply chain transformation, continuing airworthiness and reliability improvement. Specific accomplishments include:
- Architect of CAVOK’s premier Fleet and MRO Forecast relied upon by leading MROs and OEM’s worldwide.
- Developed the commercial aviation aftermarket strategy for a large business aircraft and rotorwing MRO.
- Completed over 15 due diligence efforts for major private equity and strategic investors.
- Developed the first ever Accelerated 180 Minute ETOPS application and successfully led several global carriers through similar operational expansions.
- Completed a major operational restructuring effort for a leading regional airline.
- Led the aircraft acquisition and induction efforts for a leading ACMI passenger and cargo airline.
- Achieved a 20% turn around time improvement for a global airline’s heavy maintenance operation.
- Instrumental in a 30% turn around time improvement for a major engine MRO.
Prior to joining CAVOK, Mr. Marcontell was President and COO of TeamSAI and one of the original partners of the firm. Mr. Marcontell was instrumental in the rapid growth of TeamSAI before being acquired by Oliver Wyman in 2015. Before that, Mr. Marcontell held increasingly challenging technical and executive positions within the transportation industry to include Chief Engineer, Fleet Manager, Purchasing Director, Director of Maintenance and Chief Operating Officer with Delta Air Lines, ABX Air, Boeing, and the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
Mr. Marcontell received his Master’s degree in Engineering from Mercer University with a concentration in operations research and received his Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Virginia. He is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt with a developed understanding of LEAN and other process improvement tactics, an FAA licensed pilot, A&P mechanic and former FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER). He is also the 2018 Airlines For America Nuts and Bolts Award winner recognizing a distinguished career in commercial aircraft maintenance and engineering.