35+ years of aviation and consulting experience
During his consulting career, David has led assignments with leading aerospace manufacturers, service suppliers and airlines in Asia/Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and North America. He is a recognized expert in the aircraft maintenance and air transport manufacturing sectors, and airline technical operations. The majority of David’s project experience has focused on strategy development, market analysis, transaction support, aircraft acquisitions/fleet planning, and restructuring.
In the commercial aerospace sector, David has worked across the supply/value chain, from the main airframe and engine OEMs, to the Tier One component/systems OEMs, and to parts distributors. Among the range of projects that David has led, he has helped clients to:
- Define aftermarket strategy
- Benchmark product and/or support competitiveness
- Design aftermarket/ customer support organization and delivery
- Evaluate the business case for new platforms
- Develop growth and acquisition strategies into new markets
- Define and test new service/value propositions
- Assess and implement measurement of customer satisfaction
- Develop strategies to respond to growth of used serviceable material and PMA
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, he led the Aerospace and MRO practice at ICF. In the 2000s, he co-founded and co-led the aerospace boutique consultancy AeroStrategy. Previously a Principal in Mercer Management Consulting’s aviation practice and a Principal with The Canaan Group, he began his career with British Aerospace Commercial Aircraft Marketing in 1982.
He has an MA in Engineering Science from Oxford University and an MBA from the Cranfield School of Management.