Mr. Lehman advises global airlines and aerospace firms in innovating their business models and transforming their operations. With more than 25 years of consulting experience, his engagements have covered growth strategy, sales force, customer, acquisitions, post merger integration, operations effectiveness, global strategic sourcing, financial and operational analysis, and major corporate restructuring.
- For a major North American airline, Mr. Lehman is leading a team that is retained by the court in the context of a Chapter 11 restructuring. The team's primary role was supply base cost reduction, across all categories of costs in the context of SS365 Executory Contract disposition.
- For a major North American airline, Mr. Lehman led an engagement to review and dispose of all executory contracts in the course of its Chapter 11 reorganization. The engagement included strategy development, review and analysis of all contracts in Maintenance, Catering, Information Technology, Telecom and other contracts.
- For a major North American airline, Mr. Lehman directed a team to assist his client in outsourcing over four billion in maintenance spent across engines, airframe and components.
- For a European MRO, Mr. Lehman directed an assessment of the North American MRO market and market entry strategy.
- For an independent aerospace MRO provider, Mr. Lehman directed a portfolio analysis and market growth analysis to assist in development of a long term growth strategy.
- For a major North American airline, Mr. Lehman led a team addressing several key objectives related to an engine repair and overhaul facility, and helping them to develop a business design and negotiation strategy. Mr. Lehman also led the negotiations of the engine repair and overhaul contracts valued at over $1B and joint venture agreements.
- For a major North American airline, Mr. Lehman led a team through a strategic diagnostic of over $2B in spending in the technical operations division.
- For a major North American airline, Mr. Lehman managed the client's engine repair and overhaul contract develpment team. He completed two major service deals; negotiating a ten-year $2 billion dollar agreement with the OEM, and a second eight-year agreement in excess of $100 million dollars with General Electric ES.
- For a global Aerospace OEM, Mr. Lehman led a world wide voice of the customer survey and analysis to drive aftermarker strategy, product and service strategy.
- For a global Aerospace OEM, Mr. Lehman led an effort to extract synergies from three multi billion dollar business units and developed a cohesive go to market strategy for the group.
- For a global Aerospace OEM, Mr. Lehman led an analysis and redesign of its pricing capability for parts and services.
A sample of Mr. Lehman's clients include Aero Mexico, Air Canada, Air France, Boeing, Bombardier, Aeroflot, Burlington Northern Sante Fe, Delta Air Lines, FedEx AOD, JetBlue, Honeywell, Lufthansa AG, Phelps Dodge, Pratt & Whitney, Private Equity firms, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Mr. Lehman worked at Price Waterhouse LLP and Ernst & Young LLP in several desciplines, such as financial services, manufacturing, technology, healthcare, mining, hospitality, customer service and for-profit education.