About Oliver Wyman CAVOK
Oliver Wyman CAVOK, an aviation, rail, and energy technical consulting company with offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Westlake, Texas; and London, England is looking for an experienced Senior Reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME). This dynamic role entails working with multiple teams and projects, as well as developing, managing, evolving, and evaluating programs for multiple operator clients and fleet types.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman CAVOK: https://cavok.oliverwyman.com/
Job title: Senior Technical Specialist - Reliability
Department: Engineering and Reliability
Office/region: Atlanta, Georgia; or Westlake, Texas; or London, England
Oliver Wyman CAVOK provides technical consulting and services to the aviation, rail, and energy sectors. An Oliver Wyman CAVOK Subject Matter Expert (SME) will often relate to one of the sectors but multi-sector experience is a plus. The Senior Reliability SME will be part of Oliver Wyman CAVOK’s comprehensive technical advisory support and services that relate to safe, reliable, and cost-effective operations in the sector.
They will work primarily with the aviation sector in assisting clients with operational changes driven by regulatory requirements or operational necessity. They will apply their extensive experience in the aviation sector and associated infrastructure to include design, development, and approval of Reliability programs. They will use industry best practices and technological innovation to complement and enhance reliability related processes.
The Senior Reliability SME will execute the client’s Reliability and CASS programs to meet the program’s requirement for analysis and reporting and they will provide variable reliability analysis and presentations for clients to make informed operational decisions. Knowledge of industry or cross industry best practices, process evaluation/improvement methodologies, and project management are important competencies as well.
- Design and develop reliability and/or CASS programs using regulatory documents and industry best practices to cover alert or non-alert type programs
- Design processes that performs evolution analysis of client fleet maintenance programs
- Design processes for component monitoring systems to cover statistical analysis and failure life estimation
- Perform reliability and cost benefit analysis covering modifications and maintenance program changes
- Preform entire reliability program or individual reliability process rapid assessment with recommendations for program/processes improvement
- Manage and produce reliability and CASS reports for multiple operator and fleet types
- Produce all regulatory requirement reporting to cover ETOPS, MISR, SDR, etc. as well as internal “dashboard” reporting
- Manage the short and long term trend monitoring systems covering aircraft systems and components
- Facilitate clients’ CASS or Reliability board meetings
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for developed trends and recommend corrective actions
- Perform pre/post “change” analysis to determine effectiveness
- Coordinate the day to day fleet technical issues under the policies and procedures established by the client’s manuals
- Maintain thorough and consistent client communication and support to ensure satisfactory delivery of agreed product suite
- Travel nationally and internationally, as required, to support clients
Education and Experience:
- Seven years or more experience in airline reliability with a 14 CFR Part 121 or 135 Maintenance and Engineering (M&E) department
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience/training
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate, preferred
- Must have relevant 14 CFR Part 121 or 135 operations experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Technical understanding of aircraft systems
- Through understanding of Advisory Circulars:
- AC120-17 (as revised) - Reliability Program Methods - Standards for Determining Time Limitations
- AC120-16 (as revised) - Air Carrier Maintenance Programs
- AC120-79 (as revised) - Developing and Implementing an Air Carrier CASS
- Thorough knowledge of Airline/Manufacturer’s Maintenance Program Development Documents (MSG-3)
- Ability to perform RCA analysis
- Ability to provide technical support to the clients and regulators
- Working knowledge of Safety Management System (SMS)
- Working knowledge of 14 CFRs and air carrier operations specifications
- Working knowledge of EASA rules governing reliability program
- Working knowledge of Transport Canada rules governing reliability program
- Proficiency in airline MRO IT systems (TRAX, Sceptre, MXI, Ultramain, etc.)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the aptitude to learn customized company software programs
- Strong software coding capabilities including VBA and Python
- Effective written and verbal communication, time management, and organization skills
- Customer Service oriented with ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to be productive in a team environment and interface professionally, credibly, and objectively with colleagues and clients
- Self-directed, resourceful, willing to take initiative, work independently, and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Pays attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy and quality
Oliver Wyman CAVOK is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Celent does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.