About Oliver Wyman CAVOK
Oliver Wyman CAVOK, an aviation, rail, and energy technical consulting company with offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Westlake, Texas; and London, England is looking for an experienced Reliability Data Scientist/Analyst. This dynamic role entails working with multiple teams and projects, as well as developing, managing, evolving, and evaluating programs for multiple operator clients and fleet types.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman CAVOK: https://cavok.oliverwyman.com/
Job title: Technical Analyst- Reliability
Department: Engineering, Maintenance Programs and Reliability
Office/region: Atlanta, Georgia; or Westlake, Texas; or London, England
Reports to: Vice President
Oliver Wyman CAVOK provides technical consulting and services to the aviation, rail, and energy sectors The Technical Analyst-Reliability will be part of Oliver Wyman CAVOK’s comprehensive technical advisory support and services that relate to safe, reliable, and cost-effective operations. The Reliability Data Scientist/Analyst in will execute the client’s Reliability and CASS programs to meet the program’s requirement for analysis and reporting and they will provide reliability analysis presentations for clients to make informed operational decisions. They will work primarily in the aviation sector to clients with operational changes driven by operational necessity regulatory requirements or. They will apply their experience to include design, development, and approval of Reliability programs. They will use industry best practices including machine learning, artificial intelligence and classical statistical analysis techniques to complement and enhance reliability related processes. Knowledge of industry or cross industry best practices, emerging evaluation/improvement methodologies, and project management are important competencies.
- Manage and produce reliability and CASS reports for multiple operator and fleet types
- Produce all regulatory requirement reporting to cover ETOPS, MISR, SDR, etc. as well as internal “dashboard” reporting
- Manage the short and long term trend monitoring systems covering aircraft systems and components
- Conduct reviews on systems/components indicating a negative trend as identified by short term monitoring systems
- Facilitate clients’ CASS or Reliability board meetings
- Perform large scale data analysis to determine Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to determine useful business insights
- Perform pre/post “change” analysis to determine effectiveness
- Perform reliability and cost benefit analysis covering modifications and maintenance program changes
- Coordinate the day to day fleet technical issues under the policies and procedures established by the client’s manuals
- Maintain thorough and consistent client communication and support to ensure satisfactory delivery of agreed product suite
- Travel as required to support clients
Education and Experience:
- 0-2 years experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- 0-4 years experience in airline, rail, or energy reliability with a Maintenance and Engineering (M&E) department. Commensurate technical knowledge or education will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a curiosity and drive to “play with data”
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the aptitude to learn customized company software programs
- Understanding of MS Excel higher functions (Charts, Pivot Tables, Formulas, Macros) used for improved data review and analysis
- In depth knowledge of ATA Spec 100 coding
- Effective written and verbal communication, time management, and organization skills
- Customer Service oriented with ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing work environment
- Pays attention to detail and is a champion for accuracy and quality
Oliver Wyman CAVOK is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Celent does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.