25+ years as an Aviation Professional
Mary has an extensive management background, specializing in several aspects of aviation training, manual development, and air carrier operations. She has expertise in station operations, flight operations, and development of in-flight operations and dangerous goods programs. Since joining CAVOK she has:
- Led a team of CAVOK specialists managing three mergers of 6 large 14 CFR 121 air carriers to achieve a single air carrier operating certificate
- Led a team of CAVOK specialists performing a complete NAPD event for a large regional 14 CFR 121 air carrier
- Developed Process Engineering Diagrams (PED) for several 14 CFR 121 cargo and passenger air carriers. The PEDs focused on conformity to regulations and to Safety Management System (SMS) principles in station operations, flight operations, in-flight operations, and dangerous goods.
- Assisted a large 14 CFR 121 cargo air carrier develop and implement an SMS into their ground operations
- Assisted a large 14 CFR 121 air carrier add a new aircraft type to their operating certificate, concentrated on station operations and in-flight operations development
- Assisted a large 14 CFR 121 air carrier certify their airline, targeted ground operations development
- Performed SMS audits for a large regional 14 CFR 121 air carrier
- Participated in conformity inspections for two large domestic 14 CFR 121 air carriers
Prior to joining CAVOK, Mary held senior management positions in air carrier in-flight operations, station operations, training, and human resources. Her experience included initial air carrier certifications and new aircraft introductions.
Mary earned an MS in Management, and a BA in Business Administration, Aviation Management. She is a licensed Private Pilot with Instrument rating.