30+ years of experience as airline leader and consultant, a proven leader with accomplishments in the development and implementation of complex projects and processes. Tom has consistently demonstrated the ability to lead and mentor cross-functional teams to achieve business, operational and technical objectives.
While at Oliver Wyman CAVOK Tom has delivered a wide variety of projects for valued clients, including:
- Market analysis and strategic planning for investor developing MRO capability in emerging markets.
- For U.S. airlines, ETOPS program development and accelerated approval. (180 minute authorization)
- For rotorcraft operator with worldwide operations, design and implementation of standardized maintenance planning process.
- For a growing European airframe MRO, strategic planning assessment and market analysis.
- For U.S. airline, project management and certification planning for new fleet addition to existing operating certificate per FAA Master Change Process.
- For major U.S. airline, assessed inventory holdings and developed strategy for inventory reduction.
- For major U.S. airline assessed safety and compliance culture in flight operations and technical operations.
Prior to consulting, Tom served and Director of Engineering and Director of Planning for a large U.S. airline:
- Served as operations team lead for launch of low fare product. Developed and executed fleet reconfiguration plan, including industry leading in-flight entertainment. Product launched on schedule, on budget with excellent operational performance.
- Developed and implemented central planning function for Technical Operations, including comprehensive long range forecast processes. Managed fleet maintenance programs and hangar production schedule to provide industry leading fleet asset availability.
- Delivered $30-$40MM of annual cost reductions from maintenance program improvements.
- Developed and implemented project management function responsible for major fleet projects. Implemented formal management processes for projects from concept development, work scope definition, budget development, and supplier selection though project execution and completion. Consistently delivered complex projects on time and on budget.
- Led new fleet introduction teams (MD90, B737NG, B767-400, B777) to meet FAA requirements and ensure readiness across all divisions.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, a Master of Business Administration from Georgia State University, and has competed the U.S. Department of Transportation Safety Management System and Aviation Safety Program Management course.